Thursday, May 1, 2014

Mona Lisa Overdrive

I was really excited at first to read Mona Lisa Overdrive because it was one of the major inspiration for the Matrix movies which I'm a huge fan of.

This is gonna be short because I just flat out hated Mona Lisa Overdrive. It was confusing as hell. I couldn't tell when people were in the real world, or if they were in some MMO, or if they were hacking. I never had a clear image in my mind of what was going on. I'm sure that was the intention but I just didn't enjoy it. I had trouble keeping up with the characters too. I didn't even get that far.

I guess I see the inspiration in the Matrix with how what i think is that digital world is treated. And it makes reality a confusing place. But I read just a few chapters and I can't even tell people what this book is about. It should be rewritten.

No comments:

Post a Comment